NRA Pistol Instructor Training
$200 per student (plus $20 range fee)
Length of course: 16 hours
This course develops NRA Certified Pistol Instructors who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to conduct the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course.
- Complete Phase 1 of the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course and achieve a passing score of 90% or higher. Course fee includes the cost for Phase 1. Course code will be sent to the candidate once deposit or full payment is received.
- Pass the NRA Pre-course qualification. The NRA Pre-course qualification will have a minimum passing score of 80 out of a possible 100 points. This checklist is attached to the registration page at www.nrainstructor.org. Candidates will print this checklist and bring it to the course on the first day. Pre-qualification will be conducted at the range prior to the beginning of the course.
- Complete pre-course questionnaire. Questionnaires will be sent to candidates once deposit or full payment has been paid. Candidates are to complete the questionnaire and send back prior to the beginning of the course.
DO NOT BRING LIVE AMMUNITION TO THE CLASS!
Course consists of the following:
- Part 1:Basic Instructor Training (BITS) – 6 hrs
- How To Introduce A Speaker
- The Instructor and the NRA Basic Firearm Training Program
- Using A Training Team
- Training Materials and Training Aids
- Organizing Your Course
- Preparing To Teach
- Part 2: NRA Pistol Instructor Training
- Introduction to NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Phase II Lesson Plan
- Teaching Pistol Exercise I: Firearms and Range Safety Review
- Teaching Pistol Exercise II: Fundamentals
- The Basic Shooting Instructional Method
- Teaching Pistol Exercise III: Loading, Cocking, De-cocking, Unloading, and Pistol Maintenance
- Teaching Pistol Exercise IV: Shooting Positions and Shooting Qualification
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Pistol Shooters
- Using Appendix D and E: NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course Evaluation and Performance Requirements Checklist and Pistol Instructor Examination and Course Conclusion
Candidates will receive:
- NRA Trainer’s Guide
- NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Phase II Lesson Plans & Shooting Qualifications
- NRA Guide: Basics of Pistol Shooting Handbook (Candidates receive this during Phase 1)
- NRA Trainer’s exam
- NRA Pistol Instructor Exam
- NRA Instructor Course Completion Card
$200 each student (Plus $20 range fee)
$200 each student
Deposit Now – Balance Due at Class
$40 each student – non refundable ($180 balance due on-site)